Redefining the High Performance Building
Smart Building Automation
Over 160 years of combined construction experience.
Complete Design & Build solution with one point of accountability.
Specializing in high performance buildings that meet or exceed LEED guidelines.
Exceptional quality, attention to detail, and project management.
OakWood and PCL are two independent companies that have formed a strategic partnership to meet the growing demand for buildings that use the most innovative solutions for achieving energy efficiency, automation, healthy work environments, and green building – with exemplary project management.
If you’re a building owner or architect who wants to push the envelope in terms of what’s possible with new building construction – and redefine “high performance” – we invite you to learn more about our unique Design & Build solution for a wide range of commercial projects.
Book a complimentary no obligation consultation
Everything about the OakWood-PCL Design & Build Service is customized to your specific building needs.
Let’s get started with a call.
Or schedule a complimentary, no obligation consultation with one of our Commercial Design & Build consultants now.
The OakWood-PCL Advantage
OakWood PCL is the result of an inspired partnership between OakWood, the largest and most established full-service Design + Build Renovator in the National Capital Region, and PCL, a group of general contracting construction companies with diverse operations across Canada, the United States, the Caribbean, and Australia.
What distinguishes OakWood PCL is our combined experience, track record for innovation, dedication to quality, and process expertise. Few if any Canadian commercial construction companies have our depth-of-experience or the ability to offer the most innovative products, materials, and technologies as part of an integrated, software driven Design & Build solution that we do.
Schedule a confidential call or meeting to discuss your project
Our combined services and expertise includes complete renovation and new building construction for a broad range of multi-floor projects including:
Education and training institutions
Industrial & manufacturing facilities
Project & construction management
Value analysis and economic studies
Process equipment installation
Start-up, commissioning and training
Multidisciplinary project management
Project cost estimates
Schedule planning and control
Operation of facilities
The High Performance Building
The OakWood-PCL partnership enables you to take advantage of the most innovative products, materials, and technologies in four fast changing areas:
Smart Building Automation
Let’s talk about your many options.
A Building Partnership You Can Trust
Few if any commercial builders can match the combined experience and track record for innovative, high quality building construction as OakWood-PCL
About OakWood Designers & Builders
Established in 1956, OakWood is a fourth-generation, family-run Design & Build business that’s proudly owned and operated by the Liptak family. With over 60 years of residential and commercial building experience, OakWood has become a respected innovation leader and a company of many firsts including:
The first and only Mike Holmes approved contractor in Ottawa
Designed and built an award-winning, Design Centre and Corporate Headquarters – expected to be ranked as one of Canada’s highest LEED Platinum buildings
Launched the OakWood-Holmes (OH)High Performance Initiative – a unique pilot program that leverages the expertise, technology and processes from OakWood and The Holmes Group to provide an approved source of products while validating home building performance
The same innovative products, materials, technologies, and methodologies available through the OH High Performance Pilot Program are applied to commercial building projects through the OakWood-PCL partnership.
Visit OakWood.ca for more information.
- Renovation Experts – Includes Design & Build, our flagship award-winning renovation service where we take care of everything from start to finish; 3D Concept Design, Age-in-Place, and HandyManPRO for any of your small fix-it and home improvement projects
- Custom Homes – Take advantage of our unique Design & Build approach to get an innovative, turnkey solution for your dream home – from initial site location to final inspection
- Commercial Services – We specialize in high performance, energy efficient buildings that meet or exceed LEED certification requirements – incorporating the advanced building technologies you can see in our own, state-of-the-art corporate headquarters and Design Centre
- Investment Properties – Choose from five turnkey Design & Build investment levels for creating high-quality, income-generating properties – and put your hard-earned money into tangible, bricks and mortar opportunities
- Seriös Custom Cabinetry – Owned by OakWood, Seriös has a dedicated production line inside Cabico – Canada’s largest independent manufacturer of custom cabinetry – enabling you to get high-quality, tailormade solutions with unlimited options at an affordable price
Certifications and Awards
- Best Design Centre in Canada Award from the Canadian Home Builders’ Association
- Consumer Choice Awards winner – voted Ottawa’s Best Renovation Company and Home Designer every year since 2008
- Ontario Home Builder Association Renovator of the Year
- Two-time winner of the Best Ottawa Business award for Most Outstanding Company
About PCL Construction
PCL began operations in 1906 as E.E. contractors. Today, PCL is a group of independent construction companies that carries out work across Canada, the United States, the Caribbean, and in Australia. These diverse operations in the civil infrastructure, heavy industrial, and buildings markets are supported by a strategic presence in 31 major centers. Together, these companies have over 4,400 employees and an annual construction volume of $8.3 billion, making PCL the largest contracting organization in Canada and one of the largest in North America. Watch us build at PCL.com.
- Construction Management ·
- Design and Build ·
- Engineer Procurement Construction
- General Contracting
- Private-Public Partnerships
Technology & Innovation
- Electronic Plan Rooms and Kiosks
- Estimating Systems
- Mobility and connectivity
- Project Document Controls
- Project Management System Quantity Takeoff
- Safety Management Centre
- Virtual Design and Construction
- Agile Offsite Construction
- Alternative Financing and Procurement
- Financial/Insurance/Bonding Capacity
- Global Procurement
- Government Compliance Requirements
- Heavy Industrial Modular Construction
- Preconstruction Services
- Scheduling Self Perform Work and Supply of Experienced Labor
- Supply of Construction Equipment
- Sustainable Construction
- Agribusiness, Food Services, Manufacturing
- Renewable Energy
- Special Projects