Trust Over 58 years of experience
Get a well-designed, quality-built home addition that is a seamless extension of your existing home
Whether you are thinking of a bump-out, a second story home addition or you want to replace an existing structure, such as a porch or garage, you probably have questions. Lots of them! At the top of the list: how much will my new addition cost? Other questions may include:
- What structural issues need to be considered?
- What kind of building permits do I need?
- What are my best material options?
- What are my design options?
- What could my new addition look like?
- What kind of experience and qualifications should my contractor have?
- How will my renovation be managed?
- How long will my renovation take?
- How much will my new addition cost?
This list of questions just scratches the surface for a major project like an addition. But these are probably some the big ones that you need clear answers to before making a decision to go ahead confidently with your addition and choose a renovator or contractor. That’s why OakWood recommends starting with its free QuickQuote™. You’ll get answers to all of those questions and a lot more.
QuickQuote™ is the easiest way to jumpstart your renovationQuickQuote™ is a FREE service available exclusively from OakWood. It’s not the only way to get started with OakWood – but it’s perfect if you:
- Are just thinking about or getting started with your renovation plans
- Don’t have a budget for your renovation
- Want to find out how much your renovation will cost
- Want to discuss your renovation options with an OakWood certified Design professional
Here’s What you get with your FREE QuickQuote™
- It’s accurate to within 2% to 4% of OakWood’s fixed-price FullQuote that you’ll get when all material and finish decisions are finalized.
- Available as an in-home or an in-store or consultation at one of OakWood’s new Renovation Design Centres, located in four Randall’s stores across the City of Ottawa: OakWood now delivers its 3D Concept Design service from the convenience of four Randall’s stores across Ottawa:
- Headquarters • 1200 Colonial Rd. suite 100 Ottawa, Ontario K4B 1J4
- Glebe • 555 Bank Street
- Orleans • 2003 St. Joseph Blvd
- Bells Corners • 120 Robertson Rd
- Get the best design options and home renovation ideas.
- See inspiring samples of Ottawa house remodelling projects completed by OakWood.
- Find out how OakWood, your Ottawa home addition contractor will work with you to design, plan, and build your dream home improvement.
- Understand why we will guarantee you a beautifully designed, high quality home renovation that will be completed right and on-budget as quoted
Please note conditions apply:
- OakWood’s free QuickQuote is offered to qualified individuals. To qualify you must be planning on building a renovation project within a year and want expert help to develop a realistic budget. Ask our OakWood Renovation Expert if you qualify for QuickQuote.
OakWood is a fourth generation family-run businessOakWood is a local, fourth-generation, family run Canadian business that brings over 58 years of experience to your home additions:
- We’ve designed, planned, and built over 5,500 Ottawa home renovations and now complete hundreds of successful Ottawa renovation projects each year: more than any other local renovation company.
- You get a convenient one-stop, full-service, highly experienced and trustworthy Design + Build service for your home improvement through building an addition by OakWood.
- We use certified in-house designers, planners, and the City’s best and professionally licensed trade partners to guarantee you the highest home renovation standards and quality. All OakWood workers are clean and respectful to your home.
- Industry leading warranty – we stand unconditionally behind our products and services and offer an industry leading 5-year warranty for your renovation and an optional 10-year warranty
- Eco-wise Renovator – we only use environmentally friendly construction methods to build your addition and recycle all materials – nothing goes to the landfill.
- Make it Happen Financing – with guaranteed lowest rates, no need to delay your dream addition.
- You will get a beautifully designed addition that is completed right and on-budget to craftsman standards by a professional home addition contractor.
- You will be treated ethically and with honesty from start to final inspection – and enjoy the most worry-free home renovation possible.
- You will never get surprises or pay for “extras” that you do not authorize in writing.
That probably sounds good and very familiar – because many renovators make the same claims but can they really deliver? Do they have the qualifications, experience and processes to back up their promises to you? Ask for proof and choose wisely. Here is why you can trust OakWood as your home improvement expert to give you the best value for your money and deliver exactly what we promise.
Award-winning with an A+ RatingOver many years OakWood has proven itself to be a name you can trust to Design + Build your home renovation right:
- We are the only Ottawa renovation company to win the Consumer Choice Awards for Best Renovator and Best Home Designer – seven years in a row introduced in 2008
- Received the coveted 2011 Better Business Bureau Torch Award for Marketplace Trust in the Home Improvement Category
- OakWood enjoy’s a position on the Honours Role with the Ottawa Better Business Bureau and has not received a single customer or trades complaint since starting our family run business over 58 years ago.
Seamless integrationWhen it comes time to building an addition to your home you can count on OakWood to ensure it looks like a natural extension of your existing home – as though your home addition was part of the original house. And it will be the envy of the neighbourhood! Seamlessly integrating the old and new is critical for building a home room addition that meets your needs while adding value to your property.
Reduce risks with our 3D Concept Design service:See your addition before we build Any addition is a big commitment That’s why OakWood recommends its unique 3D concept design service with 3D drawings so real you’ll think your home addition is already built! This service is delivered from our new Renovation Design Centres, conveniently located in four Randall’s stores across Ottawa. Our Renovation Design Centres provide a private, boutique like setting where you can brainstorm with our certified designers and see your addition take shape and come to life on our giant 55” screens. Our clients rave about this state-of-the art service:
- You’ll get photo realistic 3D design concepts that show exactly what your new home renovation will look like – before we build.
- See your renovation from any angle with 360 degree views.
- You can even view your house renovation design in 3D from the convenience of your own home with our home viewer software.
Here’s an example of a before photo, 3D concept design and the actual addition to show you what we mean. OakWood seamlessly integrated this addition to the existing home. The outside was personalized by adding acrylic stucco details and stone around the perimeter on the bottom. Now the couple enjoy a larger living area where they can watch television, play poker and make a drink at the custom built bar.See more examples of OakWood’s unique 3D Concept Design here.
Relax with a turnkey, one-stop home addition serviceOur goal is to make your home additions as worry-free and enjoyable as possible. We will not let you down. OakWood will design, plan, manage and complete all tasks required to ensure the success of your addition. This includes:
- Moving and relocating walls – depending on the scope of your home additions.
- Upgrading out dated electrical wiring to accommodate new power loads in your new addition.
- All types of innovative lighting solutions to create a bright, inviting space.
- Complete plumbing services.
- Energy efficient windows and doors to ensure your money doesn’t go out the window!
- Complete flooring, hardwood, tile and carpet solutions.
- Millwork and detailed trim done to craftsman standards.
- Painting including expert design assistance on colour selections.
- Final clean-up and inspection to ensure you are completely satisfied with your new home addition. And many others tasks…
Planning and project management is a strengthWhen we say your home renovations will be done right and on-budget, we mean it. OakWood uses state-of-the-art planning and project management tools including tablet PCs, iPads, and construction specific customer relationship management tools. Your home renovation will be driven by our custom OakWood BuildPlan™. This comprehensive roadmap documents every decision and detail for your house renovation.
Unique Client Portal – see the status of your project anytime!
Once your home renovation gets started, OakWood gives you secure access to our Client Portal. Powered by unique proprietary software, our state-of-the-art portal gives you real-time access to every detail of your project from any laptop or any mobile device. You’ll have fingertip access to:
- ● Permit plans
- ● Contract documents
- ● Engineering and inspection documents
- ● Invoices, Change Orders and Credits
- ● Client Statement of Accounts showing where every dollar is spent
- ● Before, during and after pictures and videos
- ● Project Notes
- ● All Material Selections
- ● Tasks board to leave reminders
- ● Meeting Calendar
- ● Document library for Owners Manuals
- ● Project Schedule with Gantt Chart
- ● Live Punch List showing outstanding items and progress of approved items
and much more… Meticulous planning and exceptional project management are why we can guarantee your addition will be completed on-budget and done right with no surprises or extra costs. [lightbox href="#inline-1" width="680" height="640"] Get started with your FREE QuickQuote™ [/lightbox]
Enjoy the OakWood-Randall’s advantageOakWood has partnered with Randall’s to offer the most experienced in-store renovation and home décor service that is second to none in the City. When you become an OakWood home renovation customer you’ll receive a Randall’s VIP Discount Card that entitles you to exclusive savings available only to OakWood customers:
- 10% OFF all regular and 5% OFF all sale priced merchandise at all Randall’s stores every time you shop
- Use this card to save on any in-store item including high quality C2 paints, window covering solutions, and beautiful handcrafted Mennonite furniture.
The Randall’s VIP Discount card – another reason to make OakWood your home renovator of choice!
Let your home addition begin!We recommend our FREE QuickQuote™ as the easiest way to get started with your renovations. When you book your QuickQuote™, you’ll get…
- Expert renovation advice and ideas from an OakWood certified Design Professional
- Three cost options to establish a realistic budget range for a complete Design + Build renovation
- Access to inspiring pictures and free project ideas to get your creative juices flowing and to show you how OakWood will work with you
- Get the best design options and home additions ideas.
- See inspiring samples of Ottawa home remodelling and addition projects completed by OakWood.
- Find out how OakWood will work with you to design, plan, and build your dream addition.
- Understand why we will guarantee you a beautifully designed, high quality addition that will be completed on-time and on-budget as quoted.
Please Note: OakWood’s free QuickQuote is offered to qualified individuals. To qualify you must be planning on building a renovation project within a year and want expert help to develop a realistic budget.
Let’s Get Started!Book your FREE QuickQuote™ in one of three easy ways: Call 613-236-8001 Email Experts@OakWood.ca Book online below
What customers sayWatch short Videos!
“I am so proud when someone comes into my home to see the kitchen and can’t believe the design and impeccable workmanship that has been completed.”
“Oakwood helped us solidify our ideas into a 3D plan with tips, ideas and support from the entire team along the way! The finished product is beautifu…
“We get many compliments on the addition and especially the very unique double vaulted ceiling in the family room!”