High-Performance Design & Build Approach
Doing the right thing for your lifestyle, your resale value, and the planet
Energy Efficient. Smart Technology. Healthy. Eco-friendly
With the OakWood High Performance Design & Build approach, your material and product choices are more than cosmetic considerations that “look great”.
We only recommend the most innovative products available today for a custom home, major renovation or building project.
All products support your goals and priorities.
- Maybe you want to reduce or eliminate your Hydro bills?
- Or live in a no smell, hypoallergenic home?
- Or take advantage of the most advanced wireless solutions and IoT to simplify your life?
Whatever your priorities, with OakWood, you get a Design & Build solution that uniquely balances aesthetics with functionality.
- Your energy bills go down.
- You enjoy a healthier environment with technology solutions that work.
- And your home or building resale value soars.
Choose from a trusted source
OakWood has partnered with The Holmes Group to do the homework on thousands of major new advanced products – saving you hours of research while ensuring all innovations deliver benefits promised by manufacturers
Shields you from complexity
Many new home and building products are technically complex and require highly specialized and trained experts to ensure they’re installed correctly in full accordance with manufacturer warranty requirements
Get a complete, turnkey solution
Includes material selection through OakWood’s award winning Design Centre, a customized Design & Build plan with installation by OakWood certified trade professionals
We continuously research, test, and validate products, technologies, and in four fast changing areas of innovation
What You Get
The OakWood High Performance Design & Build approach gives you a unique, end-to-end solution that includes the following:
Choose the most innovative products available for residential and commercial construction projects
All products have been thoroughly researched, tested, and validated by OakWood and/or Mike Holmes to ensure they deliver the benefits promised by manufacturers
Material selection is conveniently through the award-winning OakWood Design Centre to provide an inspirational one-stop-facility that is unique in North America
Customized design plan with photo realistic architectural renderings from OakWood
Final material choices are itemized by brand name, fit and finish in a fixed-price Design & Build contract from OakWood – ensuring you never pay a penny more than we quote
Installation and construction by OakWood’s certified, specialized trade professionals – to the highest build standards in the City
Enjoy an industry leading warranty from OakWood for maximum protection and peace of mind
Optional services for custom homes and major renovations:
with three site visits to document installation and confirm your home’s performance (everything documented in a Holmes Certification Binder to provide warranty protection and improve your home’s value)
on any new hi-tech products installed as part of your project
If you want to learn more about the OakWood High Performance Design & Build approach – and bring the most innovative, state-of-the art solutions into your custom home, renovation or building project,
Call 613 236-8001
or Fill out the form
Choose Approved Products from these Four Areas of Innovations
Many of these products can be seen at the OakWood Design Centre – schedule a visit to get inspired
Stop paying a fortune on hydro…reduce your carbon footprint
We can provide recommendations on energy reducing options all the way to a net-zero High-Performance Home or building which can produce at least as much energy as it uses
Techniques and solutions include:
- Improving the building envelope to ensure a high R-value
- Solar panels, potentially generating more electricity than your High-Performance Home or building uses
- Geothermal to save up to 70% in heating mode and up to 50% in cooling mode
- Tankless water heaters
- Energy Star™ appliances that use 20% to 70% less energy
- Cool roofs that use reflective materials
- And many others
Smart Home technology and intelligent building automation
Bring the most innovative new technologies for connecting, controlling, and automating anything
- Take advantage of the Internet of Things to connect to, automate, or control anything from any location on the planet: smart hubs, remote control switches, home alarms and sensors, smart door locks, security cameras, appliances, and more
Intelligent building automation:
- Integrate intelligent building technologies to lower operating expense, enhance you’re the environment for renters or users, and differentiate your High-Performance Home or building
The Healthy Home & Building
Nurtures those who are working or living with a healthy, toxin-free environment…
We can recommend design elements and non-toxic building materials to eliminate irritants and create a healthy environment
- Using materials that emit no toxic gasses and are mold resistant
- Biobased insulation options like soy based and cotton-based insulation – avoiding spray foam and fiberglass
- Incorporating passive solar and quiet, energy-efficient hydronic (radiant) heating systems
- Heat recovery ventilator (HRV) and energy recovery ventilator (ERV) to deliver fresh air to your High-Performance Home or building
- Following the Canada Green Building Council’s guidelines for the design and build of healthier buildings
- And many other solutions
The Eco-Friendly Building or Home
Practicing Eco-Friendly construction methods…providing green, eco-friendly material options.
OakWood has always practiced the most environmentally advanced construction methods and can also recommend the eco- friendliest materials
- Anything that is reusable from any renovation or building project gets recycled
- Reusable materials are directed to families in need through our partnership with Habitat for Humanity
- We subcontract to the leading environmental services company in Ottawa to ensure compliance with the EPA
We can help you go as green as you want:
- Products that use reclaimed lumber, recycled plastic, recycled glass or natural products such as bamboo, cork, linoleum (anything that is made with natural, renewable products)
- Energy saving strategies including Energy Star appliances, low flow faucets and toilets, tankless water heaters, LED lights, rainwater harvesting systems, solar panels, geo thermal, and many others
Validate Your Home’s Performance with Holmes High Performance Inspections
High Performance Inspections are an important and optional service provided by The Holmes Group
- Documentation of the installation process using interim inspections
- Thermal imaging assessment
- Mould, Radon and comprehensive indoor air quality tests (for projects drawing products/materials/technologies in the health category)
- Mike’s Final top to bottom inspection
- A comprehensive High Performance Home Inspection report with documented proof of the installation and performance to validate performance and increase re-sale values.
Let’s Get Started
Whether you are planning a custom home, major renovation or a new building OakWood can help you take advantage of major innovations in energy efficiency, Smart Home and intelligent building automation, healthy environments, and Eco-friendly building practices.
Call 613 236-8001
or Fill out the form