Additions and Large-Scale Renovation Projects
How We Can Give You a ‘High Performance’ Solution Like No Other?
Our solutions for additions and large projects can include:
- Energy Star certified windows and doors
- High R-value insulation to keep the heat (or cold) in
- Energy efficient LED lighting solutions to complement natural lighting
- And many others
These are just some of the ways we can help you save money while doing the right thing for your lifestyle, home resell value, and the planet. You can see many of these innovative products in fully functioning displays at the OakWood Design Centre
We also work closely with The Holmes Group to ensure all products are thoroughly tested and guaranteed to deliver the value promised by Manufacturers.
More on the OakWood High Performance Home
Top Addition and Large Project Questions We Get Asked
Most of our clients ask us variations on these questions. An OakWood Project Consultant will be happy to elaborate and give you more detailed answers in relation to your addition or large project.
What’s the difference between an addition or large project?
Should my addition blend in with the rest of the house?
How much will an addition add to my home resale value?
Will I require a permit?
How long will an addition or large project take to complete?
- Developing an architectural plan that summarizes the engineering and structural requirements, floor plans, and includes all design elements with photo realistic renderings
- Securing the necessary City permits including Building, Electrical, Plumbing, and others
- Material selection
- Site preparation to safeguard your home and property
- Foundation work
- Material selection including lighting, windows, doors, complete flooring solutions including hardwood, carpet and tile options, and many others
- Teardown and removal of existing materials
- Moving and relocating walls – depending on the scope of your home addition
- New or upgraded out dated electrical wiring to accommodate new power loads in your new addition or home
- Millwork and detailed trim done to craftsman standards.
- Painting including expert design assistance on colour selections.
- Final clean-up and inspection to ensure you are completely satisfied with your new home addition.
And many other tasks. As you can imagine, with so many variables, trying to provide a guesstimate without a detailed scope of work document is impossible. What we can tell you is that most major additions and large projects can easily span 3 to 6 months.
The OakWood Promise
High-quality and on-budget – you will never pay a penny more than we quote
Whether you are considering a simple upgrade or complete Design & Build makeover, you want your renovation done right.
We take that responsibility very seriously. We guarantee the OakWood Team will not let you down.
What you get with every OakWood service
- Fair price for quality work
- Material selection through the OakWood Design Centre
- Photo realistic 3D rendering of your final design
- Tear down and removal
- Comprehensive Build Plan
- City permits and inspections
- Eco-wise construction methods with reusable materials being donated to Habitat for Humanity
- Meticulous planning and project management using state-of-the art tools
- Fast and accurate estimates
- All workmanship by OakWood approved trade professionals
- Broom clean up at the end of every day with “no go” zones where Trades workers cannot go
- Timelines and schedules
- Job site fencing if needed
- Dust protection
- Weekly onsite project meetings
- Your project completed on-budget with no surprise “extra” costs
- True passion and the experience you need to make your dream renovation a reality today
- Courteous, professional workers who will be respectful of your home and on-time
- Appropriate insurance to protect your home
- Access to a password protected Client Portal to get real-time updates on your project
- 24-hour emergency hotline service
- Comprehensive 1-year warranty on all products and services with optional 2, 5, and 10 year plans
- An OakWood-Randall’s VIP Discount Card entitling you to exclusive savings at Randall’s stores
- Final walk around and inspection to ensure your complete satisfaction
OakWood has completed over 8,100 successful projects with an average approval rating of 98.9%
Let’s Talk About Your Project
Book a complimentary no obligation consultation
Everything about our Design & Build service is customized to your specific needs. Let’s get started with a call. Or schedule a complimentary, no obligation consultation with one of our expert Project Consultants now.