DesignersYou Design... We'll build it right
Trust over 60 years of renovation experience to turn your beautiful designs into a reality!
You’ve worked long and hard on a renovation design for a customer. Your client is completely thrilled. Now you are both ready to take the next step: planning the construction phase. It’s time to talk to OakWood. Ottawa’s most experienced and established Renovator You can trust OakWood to respect your design and build it right: on-budget and done right to craftsman standards. We provide an end-to-end renovation service that starts with an accurate cost for building to your design – and includes unmatched planning and project management expertise to bring your designs to life. Work with an award-winning builder Over many years OakWood has proven itself to be a name you can trust to Design + Build your home renovation right:
- OakWood is the only Ottawa Renovator to win the Consumer Choice Award for Ottawa’s Best Renovator nine years in a row
Let’s discuss your project
Find out how we will work with you; get details of our build process, find out how much it will cost to build to your blueprint and vision, see what your customers can expect.
Why you can trust OakWood
In-depth construction experience
- OakWood brings over half-a-century of construction and renovation experience to your project.
- We’re a fourth generation, family run Canadian business: construction is in our blood!
- We offer you an end-to-end construction service with accurate costing – and unmatched planning and project management that will bring your architectural blueprint and designs to life.
- We will be your eyes and ears on the construction site.
- We can provide 100s of customer references and professional endorsements that speak to our meticulous attention to detail and ability to manage and build the most complex projects to exacting standards.
We do not compete with Designers!
Yes, OakWood is a Design + Build Renovator. However:
Our in-house design expertise generally extends to smaller projects with design fees in the range of $2,000. Our experience with the full Design + Build process means you can have absolute confidence that we will see the “big picture”, that your project will be taken care of professionally – and you can spend time doing what you do best without having to “babysit” your contractor.
Our Designers will provide a detailed budget and build plan
Our certified in-house Design Professionals will be a major asset and help to you. They will work closely with you to:
- Quickly and fully understand your vision, the flow of spaces, and overall design
- Provide an accurate quote for building to your exact specifications
- Anticipate construction challenges
- Convert your design into a build-ready document
Planning is the heart and soul of OakWood
Once we start, you can trust OakWood to expertly manage the entire construction process. From initial start-up to final inspection our OakPLAN anticipates and covers every facet of the build process including:
- Construction and scheduling
- Field project management
- City permits and inspections
How much will your design cost to build?
OakWood offers two services for providing accurate pricing based on your design:
- A realistic budget range based on your project requirements
- Works for any size of renovation project: small rooms to an entire home
- Accurate to within 2% to 4% of our final fixed price, FullQuote
- Ideal if your customer has a budget in mind or is ready to build
- Provides a detailed, 50 to 100 page fixed-price proposal with every product itemized, right down to the doorstoppers
Let’s discuss which approach will be best for you and your client.
Email us to schedule a meeting or call us at 613-236-8001.
What your customers can expect from OakWood
The highest construction-build standards in the City
Our minimum standards exceed all Ontario Building Code standards, from foundation work through framing and finishing work
We work only with the best Suppliers and Trade Partners available in the Ottawa region – these are professionals that share our passion and ethics for doing top quality work
No filler! We cut and install properly the first time to ensure there are no gaps that require gobs of ugly filler
We glue the corners on casings to reduce cracking by over 95%
We only use kiln dried material for all OakWood projects to ensure less shrinkage and drywall cracking
Our material selection process removes much of the site issues and delays caused by an unorganized Renovator.
Eco-Wise builder – nothing goes to the landfill, we use environmentally friendly construction methods, and recycle all building materials
Award winning – Oakwood is the first and only company to win both the “Best Home Designer” and the “Best Renovator” categories in Ottawa nine years in a row
Superb communication and project management
- You have full control over how much information you receive with our OakWood Customer Portal.
- You may wish daily email or project management updates or you may wish to follow the project in the background with automatic schedule updates emailed to you weekly – you are in control
- Your customers get secure access to the OakWood Customer Portal which allows them to see all project information live including:
- The building contract and permit plans
- All material finish selections
- Invoices, Change Orders and Credits
- All city inspections, ministry of labour and engineering documents
- Live project Gantt chart building schedule
- All Owner’s manuals and Product maintenance documents
- Statement of accounts which shows detailed summary accounting of the project
- Schedules are updated every day using advanced CRM cloud-based systems
- Our Project Managers are equipped with iPads and leading-edge cloud-based software for production to ensure high-touch, real-time communication with your customers through the construction phase
We respect and protect your customer’s home
Few if any contractors take the precautions that OakWood does to safeguard a home and ensure the most worry-free build possible:
Dust protection: covers for all stairs and flooring, vent protection, blue skin over tubes and shower bases, dust protection walls, etc.
Zippered plastic barriers from work areas to clean areas
Broom clean home at end of every day with major clean up at end of every week
No-Go-Zones in your home where Trades and workers cannot go so that you are assured privacy
Our workplace safety standards are met and exceeded on all sites:
- Fence protection on sites to prevent accidents and theft
- PortaPoty on all sites to keep your home clean
- Ministry of Labour and Workplace Safety guidelines in the onsite project binders
- OakWood follows all Tarion guidelines for Consumer Protection
- Customers enjoy a final walk about and inspection to ensure unconditional satisfaction with the quality and workmanship
No extra bill or surprises
- We never give customers an extra bill at the end of the job for something that may have been discussed but never formally quoted and agreed to in writing
- Should there be an unforeseen situation such as Asbestos then changes to the scope of work are first quoted to the Customer and then approved prior to invoicing.
- No surprises – ever!