Fixed PriceAvoid surprises and “extras” with OakWood
What we quote is what you pay – to the penny
The fact is, most renovation projects go 20% or more over budget. That’s because many Renovators purposefully bid the project low and compensate by charging “extras” when the project is completed. Unfortunately, this is a fairly common practice. Not with OakWood’ fixed price guarantee. We will provide you with a final, fixed-price FullQuote™ for a turnkey Design + Build Renovation:
- We never charge “extras” for something that may have been discussed but never formally quoted and agreed to in writing
- You never get surprises
Our FullQuote proposal is:
- A detailed 50 to 100 page fixed price, fully itemized proposal
- A complete build-ready document with all material and product selections itemized, right down to the C2 paints and doorstoppers
Our FullQuote identifies everything that we include. Barring unforeseen, hidden problems or changes that you authorize in writing, this is exactly what you will pay: nothing more.
How we handle hidden problems
We can’t guarantee that we won’t encounter hidden problems, particularly if you are renovating an older home. Hidden problems are things that we simply can’t see until we start your project. We’re talking about problems like these:
- Moisture or asbestos or bad electrical wiring that is no longer to code and all hidden behind wallboard.
- A buried oil tank in your back yard.
Unfortunately, we don’t have X-ray vision, and we can’t see these types of problems until we actually start into your renovation. So what happens if we do encounter a hidden problem?
- First we bring the problem to your attention
- We provide recommendations and give you options
- Any changes are professionally addressed with a change order process that allows you to say “yes” or “no”
- This ensures with OakWood you get exactly what you pay for and there are no “extras” at the end of your renovation
Our price is firm and always fair – and you are always in control
Planning and process are key
The number one reason project budgets and timelines go off the rails is poor planning. Planning is the heart and soul of OakWood. Our processes and planning system are based on over half a century of experience and are supported by state-of-the-art planning and project management tools. These include tablet PCs, iPads, and construction specific customer relationship management tools. Your renovation will be driven by our custom OakWood BuildPlan™. This exhaustive plan is an extension of our fixed price FullQuote, and it thoroughly documents:
- Final scope of work with room-by-room details including all finishes
- Architectural requirements
- All design elements and material selection decisions
- Construction & scheduling
- Field project management
- City permits & inspections
- Timelines, milestones, and a payment structure
The OakWood BuildPLAN™ is a complete guide and roadmap for your entire renovation project. It will be delivered to you following completion of the Concept Design phase, final scope of work agreement, and all material selections for your custom renovation project
Follow your project with our Client Portal
Once your renovation starts, you’ll get secure access to our Client Portal to follow every step of the project. Our portal includes:
- Permit plans
- Contract documents
- Engineering and inspection documents
- Invoices, Change Orders and Credits
- Client Statement of Accounts showing where every dollar is spent
- Before, during and after pictures and videos
- Project Notes
- All Material Selections
- Tasks board to leave reminders
- Meeting Calendar
- Document library for Owners Manuals
- Project Schedule with Gantt Chart
- Live Punch List showing outstanding items and progress of approved items
and much more… And lots more! Meticulous planning and exceptional project management are why we can guarantee your renovation will be completed on-budget and done right with no surprises or extra costs.
QuickQuote™ is the easiest way to jumpstart your renovation
Whatever renovation you are thinking about, our QuickQuote will be invaluable. QuickQuote™ is a FREE service available exclusively from OakWood. It’s not the only way to get started with OakWood – but it’s perfect if you:
- Are just thinking about or getting started with your renovation plans
- Don’t have a budget for your renovation
- Want to find out how much your renovation will cost
- Want to discuss your renovation options with an OakWood certified Design professional
Want to discuss your renovation options with an OakWood certified Design professional
Here’s What you get with your FREE QuickQuote™
Expert advice on your renovation plans from an OakWood certified Design professional
A realistic budget range for a complete renovation based on your needs
Access to inspiring pictures and free project ideas to show you the possibilities
Our free QuickQuote™ is hands down the easiest way to jumpstart your renovation!
- It’s accurate to within 2% to 4% of OakWood’s fixed-price FullQuote that you’ll get when all material and finish decisions are finalized.
- Available as an in-home or an in-store or consultation at one of OakWood’s new Renovation Design Centres, located in four Randall’s stores across the City of Ottawa: OakWood now delivers its 3D Concept Design service from the convenience of four Randall’s stores across Ottawa:
Headquarters • 865 Taylor Creek Drive Ottawa, Ontario K4A 0Z9
Glebe • 555 Bank Street
Orleans • 2003 St. Joseph Blvd
Bells Corners • 120 Robertson Rd
- Get the best design options and home renovation ideas.
- See inspiring samples of Ottawa house remodelling projects completed by OakWood.
- Find out how OakWood will work with you to design, plan, and build your dream renovation.
- Understand why we will guarantee you a beautifully designed, high quality home renovation that will be completed right and on-budget as quoted
Please note conditions apply:
OakWood’s free QuickQuote is offered to qualified individuals. To qualify you must be planning on building a renovation project within a year and want expert help to develop a realistic budget. Ask our OakWood Renovation Expert if you qualify for QuickQuote.