For your new custom home, renovation, or building?
Over 60 Years of Design & Build Experience with a Growing List of “Firsts”
Established in 1956, OakWood is a fourth-generation, family-run Design & Build business that’s proudly owned and operated by the Liptak family.
With over 60 years of residential and commercial building experience, OakWood has become a recognized innovation leader and a company of many firsts. These include:
The only Ottawa contractor to meet the stringent standards set by Mike Holmes
The first and only contractor to guarantee a fixed-price contract for all work with everything itemized by brand name, fit and finish
The first Ottawa contractor to win the Consumer Choice awards for Best Home Designer and Renovator, nine years in a row
The first to win Ontario Renovator of the Year award
The first to design and build its own award winning, Design Centre and Showroom – one of Canada’s highest LEED Platinum buildings and a showcase for the most innovative materials and technologies available today
And many others
This growing list of “first” means only one thing: whether you’re planning a new custom dream home, major renovation, fix-it project or a new building, you can trust OakWood to design and build your project to the highest standards in the City – and always on-budget, guaranteed.
A family affair – every major business decision still gets discussed around the kitchen table!
John Liptak Sr.
John Liptak Jr.
President & CEO
Vice President, Operations
Vice President, Finance
Unique Design & Build Approach
Today, OakWood specializes in high performance Design & Build solutions for custom homes, renovations, and buildings.
By “high performance” we simply mean giving you the ability to choose the most innovative products, materials and technologies, based on your priorities, in four, fast changing areas:
In addition to embracing the most innovative solutions available for residential and commercial construction, our Design & Build approach is further distinguished – and supported – by the following:
How you benefit
- OakWood leverages its exclusive Ottawa partnership with Mike Holmes to continuously research, test and validate the most innovative products, materials and technologies available to ensure they’ll give you the value and benefits promised by manufacturers
- Few if any contractors in Ottawa have the resources or expertise to conduct this type of ongoing research and to understand the implications for a custom design and build solution for your project
- Our award-winning Design Centre is not only a showcase for many of these innovative products, it also facilitates a streamlined material selection process – enabling you to conveniently see and choose all products for your project while being inspired by one-of-a kind, fully functioning displays
- We provide a final-fixed price contract for all projects based on your final material choices – and this is what you’ll pay to the penny unless you authorize changes in writing
- Our in-house Designers will work with you to provide architectural renderings of your project – with the option to see photo realistic, 360-degree views (we can also work with external Architects or Designers of your choice)
- All material and design decisions are summarized in a comprehensive OakWood BuildPlan™ to provide a detailed roadmap of your project
- All construction is done by OakWood approved trade professionals and in accordance with increasingly stringent manufacturer guidelines – critically important for ensuring warranty protection
- For new custom homes and major renovations, we provide an optional Holmes High Performance Inspection which adds to the resale value of your home by documenting the entire installation process and confirming performance
- We offer an industry leading warranty for maximum protection and peace-of-mind
Award Winning Design Centre
Saves you a bundle of time while helping you get very inspired!
The OakWood Design Centre is a unique LEED Platinum building that showcases over 7,500 energy-efficient, high-quality items through unique displays – with access to over 150,000 items in our extensive database. Everything you need to plan, design, and choose materials for a custom home, renovation, or commercial building is conveniently located under one roof.
The Design Centre enables you to:
See one-of-a-kind displays showcasing the most innovative materials and design options for your project
See your final material selections represented architectural renderings; so, you know exactly what your project will look like – before we lift a hammer
Enjoy the freedom to choose materials from any manufacturer in the World – or from our quality, OakWood approved Partners
Work with our in-house designers or external Architects or Design consultants of your choice