Energy-efficient Sunrooms & Solariums
Get a complete, high-quality Design & Build solution for a beautiful all-season room
How We Can Give You a ‘High Performance’ Sunroom Solution Like No Other?
OakWood specializes in high performance custom homes, renovations, and buildings that reduce energy usage, take advantage of Smart Technology and automation to simplify life, ensure a healthy toxin free living environment, while using the eco-friendliest products and construction methods in the industry.
Our sunroom solutions can include:
- Energy Star certified windows and doors
- High R-value insulation to keep the heat (or cold) in
- Energy efficient LED lighting solutions to complement natural lighting
- And many others
These are just some of the ways we can help you save money while doing the right thing for your lifestyle, home resell value, and the planet. You can see many of these innovative products in fully functioning displays at the OakWood Design Centre
We also work closely with The Holmes Group to ensure all products are thoroughly tested and guaranteed to deliver the value promised by Manufacturers.
More on the OakWood High Performance Home
Top Sunroom Questions We Get Asked
Most of our clients ask us variations on these questions. An OakWood Project Consultant will be happy to elaborate and give you more detailed answers in relation to your sunroom project.
What’s the difference between solarium, sunroom and conservatory?
As you move from a sunroom to a solarium to a conservatory you essentially increase the amount of glass exposure. In our part of the world, energy-efficiency and insulation are major design and build considerations for any type of addition – particularly a sunroom, solarium or conservatory.
How long will my sunroom project take?
It really depends on the scope of your basement project. A small refinishing project could take as little as 4 weeks to complete. A more extensive project where we are gutting the existing basement back to unfinished concrete and replacing everything with new, high efficiency solutions for insulation, lighting, and flooring, it could take 6 to 8 weeks or longer. If your basement project is part of a new custom home, the design and build will be part of a broader scope of work. Once we have a better idea for what you are planning, your OakWood Project Consultant will provide a preliminary schedule. Once your project starts, your schedule gets updated daily so that you know the exact status of your project at all times.
How much will my sunroom cost?
The cost of your sunroom is going to depend on several factors. What do you want to use it for?
- A breakfast or dining room?
- Entertainment room?
- Relaxation and unwinding?
- Star gazing in cozy comfort?
- A spa room?
- Family room?
- Children’s play room?
- Game room?
- Something else?
Depending on what you want to use the sunroom for, the size of the room, whether you want to enjoy the room three or four seasons a year will influence your material options, the scope of work, and ultimately your investment level. In addition, there are several external site conditions to consider. These include whether the sunroom will attach to your house through a side wall or through a roof tie-in, foundation considerations, electrical and plumbing needs, whether you want a separate door, and many others. For these and other reasons, the most honest answer to the question of how much your sunroom will cost is: it all depends. You may be able to invest as little as $25,000 in a simple, three season room – or over $70,000 for a complex, all season room. Your OakWood Project Consultant can provide you with a realistic investment range through our QuickQuote, based on the type of materials you are considering and the scope of work.
Will a sunroom add to my home resale value?
A professionally designed and built sunroom is guaranteed to recoup a portion of the investment cost. Some reports suggest that homeowners see almost 50% of the cost returned upon resale. In other words, for every dollar invested, a homeowner can expect to get back 50 cents when they sell. In our experience, a sunroom certainly adds to the home value, but unlike other home renovation investments, it’s not likely to return the full project cost or more. The biggest value will probably be the additional enjoyment you get from your home which in most cases is the primary driver and reason for making this kind of an investment.
Do you have in-house designers?
We have in-house architectural design consultants who can lead you through the planning phase of your project, identify any permits required, help you with material selection; and then provide you with a near photographic quality rendering that you can view from any angle. You can also work with our designer to swap out materials or try the design with larger windows or a different floor. The options are endless. Every change you make to your design and material selections; your budget gets updated in real-time so you know how those decisions affect the investment level.
The OakWood Promise
High-quality and on-budget – you will never pay a penny more than we quote
Whether you are considering a simple upgrade or complete Design & Build makeover, you want your renovation done right.
We take that responsibility very seriously. We guarantee the OakWood Team will not let you down.
What you get with every OakWood service
- Fair price for quality work
- Material selection through the OakWood Design Centre
- Photo realistic 3D rendering of your final design
- Tear down and removal
- Comprehensive Build Plan
- City permits and inspections
- Eco-wise construction methods with reusable materials being donated to Habitat for Humanity
- Meticulous planning and project management using state-of-the art tools
- Fast and accurate estimates
- All workmanship by OakWood approved trade professionals
- Broom clean up at the end of every day with “no go” zones where Trades workers cannot go
- Timelines and schedules
- Job site fencing if needed
- Dust protection
- Weekly onsite project meetings
- Your project completed on-budget with no surprise “extra” costs
- True passion and the experience you need to make your dream renovation a reality today
- Courteous, professional workers who will be respectful of your home and on-time
- Appropriate insurance to protect your home
- Access to a password protected Client Portal to get real-time updates on your project
- 24-hour emergency hotline service
- Comprehensive 1-year warranty on all products and services with optional 2, 5, and 10 year plans
- An OakWood-Randall’s VIP Discount Card entitling you to exclusive savings at Randall’s stores
- Final walk around and inspection to ensure your complete satisfaction
Patricia Liptak-Satov, Vice President, Operations and John Liptak, President & CEO accept a Best Ottawa Business Award from the Ottawa Chamber of Commerce and Ottawa Business Journal
OakWood has completed over 8,100 successful projects with an average approval rating of 98.9%
Let’s Talk About Your Project
Book a complimentary no obligation consultation
Everything about our Design & Build service is customized to your specific needs. Let’s get started with a call. Or schedule a complimentary, no obligation consultation with one of our expert Project Consultants now.
or Fill out the form