A powerhouse Design & Build Team with over 160 years of combined construction experience
OakWood and PCL formed a partnership in 2018 to provide building owners, architects, and designers in Ottawa with unrivaled depth-of-experience for any commercial building. Together, we share resources and time-proven processes to provide an end-to-end, Design & Build solution with one point of accountability on a variety of mid to large size building projects.
This partnership fully leverages the commitment of both companies to provide the most advanced, high-performance building solutions for achieving maximum energy efficiency, smart building automation, healthy work environments, and green building.
A complete end-to-end solution
Project & construction management
Risk assessment and Feasibility Analysis
Value analysis and economic studies
Process equipment installation
Architectural & Interior Design
Start-up, commissioning and training
Multidisciplinary project management
Project cost estimates
Schedule planning and control
Operation of facilities
High-performance building solutions
“If you want to push the envelope in terms of what’s possible with new building construction and be confident your project will be well-managed, and on-budget guaranteed, we invite you to learn more about the OakWood-PCL partnership.”
– John Liptak, President & CEO, OakWood
Let’s Talk About Your Building Project
Book a complimentary no obligation consultation
Everything about the OakWood-PCL Design & Build solution is customized to your specific building needs. Let’s get started with a call. Or schedule a complimentary, no obligation consultation with one of our Commercial Project Consultants now.
OakWood-PCL specializes in high performance, energy efficient design and build solutions for a broad range of commercial buildings. These include, but are not restricted to: Office buildings, Tenant fit-ups, Education and training institutions, Healthcare facilities, Hotels, Superstores, Recreation facilities, Industrial & manufacturing facilities, and many others.
What we mean by “High Performance”
Building solutions that meet or exceed LEED guidelines
OakWood-PCL High Performance solutions use the most innovative products, materials and solutions in four, fast changing areas of commercial building construction:
Energy-efficiency for reducing your building’s energy costs and carbon footprint
Technology enablement, including the Smart Building and intelligent building automation
Healthy environments for living and work
Sustainable, green-building practices and environmental
Incorporating innovations from any or all areas will drive our customized design and build solution for your project—and defines what we mean by a “high-performance building.”
The OakWood-PCL Advantage
OakWood-PCL is the result of an inspired partnership between OakWood, one of the largest and most established full-service Design + Build contractors in the National Capital Region, and PCL, a group of general contracting construction companies with diverse operations across Canada, the United States, the Caribbean, and Australia.
What distinguishes OakWood PCL is our combined experience, track record for innovation, dedication to quality, and process expertise. Few if any Canadian commercial construction companies have our depth-of-experience or the ability to offer the most innovative products, materials, and technologies as part of an integrated, software driven end-to-end Design & Build solution that we do.
Enjoy the highest construction-build standards in the City
- Our minimum standards exceed all Ontario Building Code standards, from foundation work through framing and finishing work
- We can design and build your project to the highest zero footprint or LEED standards
- We work exclusively with the best Suppliers and Trade Partners available in the Ottawa region—these are professionals that share our passion and ethics for doing top quality work
- Our material selection process – driven by the award-winning OakWood Design Centre—removes much of the site issues and delays caused by an unorganized Contractor
- Eco-Wise builder – nothing goes to the landfill, we use environmentally friendly construction methods, and recycle all building materials
- Our Project Managers are equipped with tablets and leading-edge cloud-based software to ensure high-touch, real-time communication through the construction phase
- Qualified in-house experts to support each step including: Project Consultants, Architectural Technologists, Interior Designers, Materials Selection Coordinators, Estimators, Schedulers, Quantity Surveyors and in-office Project Managers
Building a Partnership You Can Trust
About OakWood Designers & Builders
Established in 1956, OakWood is a fourth-generation, family-run Design & Build business that’s proudly owned and operated by the Liptak family. With over 60 years of residential and commercial building experience, OakWood has become a respected innovation leader and a company of many firsts.
About PCL Construction
PCL began operations in 1906 as E.E. contractors. Today, PCL is a group of independent construction companies that carries out work across Canada, the United States, the Caribbean, and in Australia. These diverse operations in the civil infrastructure, heavy industrial, and buildings markets are supported by a strategic presence in 31 major centers. Together, these companies have over 4,400 employees and an annual construction volume of $8.3 billion, making PCL the largest contracting organization in Canada and one of the largest in North America. Watch us build at PCL.com.